google analytics tracking code

look what i made....


Look what I made in the screen printing workshop I took part in on the weekend.  I am really happy with the print on this tea towel, I LOVE it.  Of course it helps that the tea towel is made from the most beautiful linen!  Another class member lent me her little birdy stencil for this print, which is really gorgeous - I just love bird motifs on homewares.  I am yet to try out the design I showed you the other day properly as it was too complex for the workshop (not enough time to cut out all the little teeny bits!) but will try it out at home once I get set up. I've bought a screen and squeegie but need to stock up on inks, tape, contact and fabric before I can start printing at home.

If you live in Brisbane and want to learn more about screen printing go to Thea's website, she only has a few spots left for February workshops so be quick!  Or you could visit to take a look at the stunning eco fabrics she prints under her label Thea and Sami.  

I hope you all have a lovely Australia Day tomorrow! 

Image: Olive & Joy

9 comments:

  1. Julie, it is stunning, I do hope you set up a little shop with your handmade goodies in the future.
    Happy Australia Day.
    Cheers
    Engracia

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made that?! it's beautiful. will you do more? i can't wait to see more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your lovely comments

    Engracia- Ooh me too!

    Viv - Thanks! I saw your pic on sfgirlbybay this morning - YAY!

    MaryBeth - Thank you so much, I would love to print more, it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love it! I look forward to seeing more of your printing projects. Must have been a really fun course x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies, so glad you like it :)

    Chantelle - I know! I have visions of my husband getting pasta sauce all over it....devastating!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment!