google analytics tracking code

party planning


I am in party planning mode at the moment as we are throwing a 60th Birthday Party for my mother-in-law in just over two weeks time.  It will be her first birthday party.  Ever.  We hope to make her feel extra special with a decadent High Tea followed by an early dinner.  I have never been to a high tea so if anyone has any tips I am all ears.  I plan on raiding anyone's china cupboard I can find for mismatched floral china.  There will be cupcakes aplenty along with many other decadent treats, including birthday cake.  And tea, lots of tea!  We haven't decided on a menu for the dinner as yet, I am enlisting the help of my brother-in-law who is also a chef, lucky me!  I made the invitations yesterday which I really enjoyed, I went a little crazy at Lincraft with the fancy scissors and papers.  So much fun.  The 14th of March is a very special day as three family members share the same birthday, including me.  


Image:  Olive & Joy

3 comments:

  1. I'm a March birthday too :) Love your invites - I used the olive patterned paper on an album I made for my mum and that butterfly paper is so pretty - love the pearl accent. High tea sounds like fun and mis-matched china will be perfect - tiered cake stands always looks good and as for food, I'm thinking finger sandwiches and maybe scones? How lucky you have a chef to help with dinner! :) Your mother-in-law is going to be spoilt by the sounds of it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda - Finger sandwiches for sure - not everyone has a sweet tooth so that is a good idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that she has never had a party before! She is lucky to have you in her family now :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment!