google analytics tracking code

anyone for high tea?


I thought you may like to see some pictures from the Birthday party we held for my mother-in-law's 60th Birthday yesterday. It was a lot of work but so worth it, such a lovely day. Hope you enjoy the shabby chicness, it isn't usually my thing but I thoroughly enjoyed if just for the day.

I baked cupcakes and scones and they were very popular!  Which is a relief because I never bake and I was worried they would be inedible.  The mini sandwiches my brother-in-law prepared were also very popular. Dinner was marinated lamb and whole snapper cooked on the bbq with roasted vegies, salad and breads. Yuuumm! Thank goodness for my sister's hubbie who was a genius in the kitchen. It was a piece of cake to him. Enjoy!

Images:  Olive & Joy

9 comments:

  1. It all looks really lovely Julie - perfect for a 60th - I bet your mother-in-law loved all the attention to detail you gave. The lanterns look fanastic!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely beautiful. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the paper lanterns? They're fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely party! Where did you buy the pink paper (or tissue) lanterns? I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evelyn & Ana Tereza - Thank you! The lanterns are by Martha Stewart, I bought them at a haberdashery store called Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an amazing job! I hope the birthday girl enjoyed herself. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks lovely. I recently held a High Tea for my mother's 80th birthday and it was such a wonderful success. My Spotlight only has 'Hawaiin' lanterns. Luckily Mum's favourite colour is green (which they had)so I went for a green, white and silver theme. I would love to find the lanterns that you have. Lanterns are a wonderful touch, I think. You did a great job. Congrats.
    Donna from Brisbane
    The whole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I LOVE the tea cups and the cupcakes! What a wonderful spread and a sunny day to set the scene... So well done, she must have been delighted.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment!