google analytics tracking code

fabric dilemma - i need your help!


The dilemma - what should I do with this fabric?  I have two metres of  Circles & Squares fabric in sunny yellow by Florence Broadhurst that I am dying to use somewhere in my home. I am yet to decide 'how' or 'where' I will use it.  I have a few ideas sure, one is using it on an ottoman which I could also use as a side table. Our living room is sans side tables so this would work well.  Cushions would be another idea, I already have one cushion in this same fabric which I adore.  Any suggestions, do you have another great idea for how I can use this fabric?


I am picking up my newly upholstered retro chair from the upholsterers today! Can't wait to see it.  I have sanded the timber base for the armchair, however it still needs a couple of coats of danish oil.  Should be able to show you the finished chair next week. 


Image:  Olive & Joy

11 comments:

  1. What about cornice boards/pelmet boxes over your windows? I made some for my living room from foam core board (found the tutorial on Little Green Notebook). They're really easy, and I bet that fabric would work great for them. Do you think you have enough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. An ottoman sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of the ottoman and what about a headboard for a bed. I think it woulod be a real wow piece.
    Engracia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy - I wouldn't have enough to do all the windows in the living room, but maybe a window in a bedroom...

    Engracia - A headboard would look fabulous! Good thinking, and wouldn't it look great with the pelmets like Katy said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait to see what you decide. I've just made a skirt with the same fabric in blue on the outside yellow for the pockets and hem lining. I'll post a pic on my blog in a few days. Good luck! -kb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I currently have some Florence Broadhurst fabric that I want to use (once I know how to use my sewing machine!), so I'm on the look-out for ideas too.

    Kylie
    Flying Ducks
    www.myflyingducks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wide is it? If it is 2mtx2mts you could squeeze a quilt cover out of it with a cream cotton for the reverse or how about 2 feature european pillowcases at the back of your bed - it is gorgeous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What about a lampshade or two - for pendant lights or table lamps?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so many great ideas, my head is spinning - keep em coming!

    Tracy - the fabric is 143cm wide with selvedge, so nope no quilt unfortunately but loving the Euro pillowcase idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you know. i do really think the ottoman sounds like a superb idea. i mean, i could just imagine that big burst of yellow! you make me want one!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello, a headboard for a bed will be a beautifull idea,for the windows too and why not to addit it a movie plastic to make a tablecloth.
    I understan your dilemn, this fabris is so beautiful that we hesite before cutting inside...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment!