google analytics tracking code

it's starting to feel a bit chilly


Ooh, it's starting to feel a bit chilly, even here in sunny, warm Queensland. I love the change of seasons, that first hint of what it to come. We don't have such a dramatic change of seasons here really, I know. More like 9 months of Summer and 3 months of Autumn/Winter, we usually miss Spring as September usually brings 30+'C days. I guess saying we have a winter would be pushing it too. But I love that first hint of cold, the smell of smoke in the air. It always brings us back to the winter we spent working down in Jindabyne in the Snowy Mountains of NSW. Gosh that was over 10 years ago now. Good times.


So now it is getting a bit cooler it's time to break out the cuddly throw rugs and ugg boots and snuggle up to our loved ones. I haven't even left the house much this past week, I'm in cosy home mode. My faux fur throw rug has seen better days but I was happy to see it goes so well with our Thea and Sami cushions that arrived last week. Remember I saw this very fabric being printed in the flesh, so special. 


Have a good week, snuggle up!


Image: Olive & Joy

4 comments:

  1. I love the fabric in the cushion and how well it goes with the rug and chair - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting in front of the fire - it's 11 degrees down here in Hobart, so I know what you mean. Your cushion looks so lovely! That was a very interesting poast abput how the fabric was made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your chair + cushion = awesome! (also, jealousy!)
    i like the change of season in that i like doing a few bits and pieces around the home to warm it up and i love snuggling up in my dressing gown and ugs but I HATE BEING COLD SOOO MUCH! If I had an open fireplace and snow outside, i might be able to handle it, but just rain or biting wind and icy cold days just bug me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love the combo of the natural linen with the faux fur. We have more coloured peacocks coming very soon! x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment!