google analytics tracking code

before and after: op shop table lamp


This op shop lamp had good bones, I could see its potential and at only $15 in my local Lifeline store, I snaffled it up pronto a few weeks ago. My husband was a little unsure at first but encouraging as always. He loves it now - he walked past the lamp the other night not long after I had finished it - pointing at the lamp, and in the loudest voice, he said "That is @%$#ing awesome!". Totally cracked me up that he was so passionate about a lamp, of all things. 


But it is amazing how much of a difference a bit of paint and a newly recovered shade can make.  Bye, bye terracotta - I've got nothing against you, but my lamp looks so much nicer in glossy white. And the new bamboo print shade is so lovely with the light filtering through it at night time. I was going to put the lamp in our guest bedroom but it does add a cosy, warm glow to this little corner of our living room. 




Later in the week I will post on how to recover a lampshade in case you may like to try your own lamp makeover or recover an old shade you have become bored with. It's cheap, it's easy(ish), and will be one of a kind. Got to love that.


Images:  Olive & Joy

15 comments:

  1. Julie, you've outdone yourself! This is indeed a @%$#ing tranformation. I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great transformation - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great & the bamboo f.b. fabric works perfectly with the woven look base... and i do have something against terracotta :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. captain kk - ok I admit it, I do too, I was just being nice. Sorry terracotta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous makeover. Makes we want to head down to the op shop to find a similar lamp base! Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this looks great! I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a good op shop lamp find so that I can have a go myself, so this is really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! This turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing Julie, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow it worked so well! What a difference! It was worth the effort :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you did such a great job! I just found your blog.. now following!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Can I ask where you got your bamboo fabric? I have a doona cover that is white with the same green leaf print on it - and it would match perfectly..... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ali - The fabric is a Florence Broadhurst design sold by Signature Prints in Sydney - www.signatureprints.com.au. The fabric is called 'Japanese Bamboo' in the colour Light Lime. Find it in the Fabrics section under the "Home Collection'.
    Jx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment!