google analytics tracking code

cloud dish




I wanted to share with you today this Paper Boat Press cloud dish I bought whilst at the Finders Keepers markets on the weekend.  Doesn't it just make you smile?  I hope so, I love it.  It is has been pressed with the pattern from vintage buttons!  I also bought some earrings from Paper Boat Press with a similar pattern on them.  In fact everything I bought on the weekend has some sort of texture to it.   

The tactile nature of an object has always been so important to me, I have to touch everything I see (started as a child, just ask my Mum!) and feel it between my own two hands. This is why I will never have long manicured nails (not that I don't love the look of a good mani, mind you), so I can always feel with the tips of my fingers. Where would we be without our sense of touch.

Talking of clouds, the skies have been amazing lately haven't they? I don't know a great deal about the names of different cloud forms, so I can't describe them, in any way but Wow! Saturday was particularly spectacular. And today was the most perfect sunny winter day I could ever imagine. 


Images: Olive & Joy

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dish. It's been interesting to see what everyone has bought at Finders Keepers. I must go the next time it is on. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved these dishes... very cute!! I also loved the little ramekin dishes they had with the lace imprints! Very cool... there were so many lovely things, I just wish it hadn't been so busy when I went so I could have appreciated it more without feeling pushed! :) Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. makes me smile :) loving all things clouds at the moment... and stop showing off about your blue sky & fluffy cloud sunny weather! x captn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely dish - Paper Boat Press have some gorgeous items. I love that vintage buttons were used to create its textured effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's brilliant, love it. i'd be drawn to that too if i saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel - I know what you mean it was crazy busy. It tried my patience a little also. I might go at night to the next market, perhaps it won't be quite as busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute!!
    this winter sun is so yummi, i've been soaking it up as it come through the living room window in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is such an adorable dish - I love Kylie's work! I'm kicking myself that I missed Finders Keepers, maybe next time! Toowoomba is only 90 minutes away, but with two kids its a massive effort to coordinate road trips to Brisbane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I perfect cheese and nut tray! Add a little white ramekin for some fig compote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so beautiful. some people are so clever! I love the texture of items too - they seem a little more authentic.
    i really must get myself to one of those markets one day - they seem to have the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful little dish! I've been obsessed with clouds lately...It seems like it's all I want to paint these days.

    Just found your blog and loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment!