google analytics tracking code

design for life





Last night I stumbled upon a tv show on ABC2 called Design for Life. Have you seen it? It is basically a reality tv show where 12 British design students travel to Paris and try to impress the pants off Phillipe Starck to try to land a 6 month placement working for him. If you are interested in the design process or just want to see Phillipe (love the way he talks!) in action take a look, it's on ABC2 8:30pm Wednesdays, you can even view last nights episode here if you are interested. I was a little embarrassed for the students on last nights episode, the quality of most of their concepts were not at the level I would be comfortable presenting to someone like Phillipe Starck. It should be interesting to watch their progression as the weeks go on.


Image: Starck

7 comments:

  1. oh man, that was last night? i stumbled on a bit of it last week and thought, looks cool - should make a point to watch that!

    lovely picks of your old mate chase below, he does look like he was a dog with soul!

    jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this show! Starck is so unbelieveably charismatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a great show! I will have to check it out - thans for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the way he spoke "eercuse me parhaps you do not understund..." Oh i love him! He was really sweet, whereas i expected him to be arrogant. I cringed so much when that girl presented the unplugging world concept with a primary school model of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love this show. And he is so nice and funny .. you would think he would be a bit of a tyrant with all the success and fame he has had. I love 'it followed me home's' comment re: ''eercuse me parhaps you do not understund'. completely accurate and cracked me up. I too wonder why the 'brief' he gives is so completely misunderstood by some of them. And thankfully Mr Arrogant has been kicked off. He was starting too annoy me. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. It followed me home/Linda - I know it cracked me up too and I was super impressed with the way he handled everyone. I like the fact that he took the two girls advice in keeping the young blonde guy (sorry don't know anyone's names yet). He is one super cool and sweet guy which is the complete opposite of who I expected him to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks I made an effort to watch it last night, really enjoyed it, loved the designer's view and made me realise just how much planning goes into making things!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment!