google analytics tracking code

feeling moody



This weekend I created a moodboard as part of a course I have been taking part in. I wanted it to reflect what I would like this here blog to look and feel like - a relaxed but stylish feel, some pattern by way of beautiful fabrics, vintage furniture, inspiring spaces and of course a little bit of home. It was quite the exercise in restraint and a good method of self reflection. A way to cut out all of the visual noise of seeing so many inspiring things everyday (not that I'm complaining) and really narrow it down. I was surprised at my restrained use of colour. I am so drawn to colour usually however I was obviously feeling in a fresh white mood today. I love it so much I now I want to live in my moodboard. That's possible right?

Image: Olive & Joy

12 comments:

  1. You may not be able to live in your moodboard...but be content in knowing that that particular moodboard ...lived within you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mood board Julie! Your blog definitely reflects it, it's beautiful, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job julie, love the mood board! how funny i as actually going to put that 'Love you the longest of time' on mine too - great minds think alike perhaps? did you ever have your BYW meet up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks awesome to me! by the way, i'm loving your blog background :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your moodboard! I bet it took some restraint but it totally works. I haven't even begun mine yet - naughty - never seem to have enough time to pack everything in....argh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your blog is great just the way it is, but change is good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mood board is beautiful! My eye zoomed in on the fabulous chair top centre. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jaclyn - We did meet up weekend before last. It was great, met some lovely people. Did you do the Sydney meet up?

    Janis - I love that chair too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful mood board. I loved what you said about how you had to edit out the noise and make decisions. I like how restrained you were with color. It feels cool, calm and very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the white colors, they are so refreshing...and you can totally live on your moodboard. Also love the olive colored furniture :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful elegant moodboard. i love the tags and prints from bespoke press.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment!