google analytics tracking code

wedding flowers

Flowergirl with bouquet and dragonfly!

One of my closest friends was married on Saturday. We have known each other for nearly twenty years so have got up to all sorts of mischief in the time we have been friends. I'm so happy that she has found a great guy to spend her life with. And they are so in love. You would think they were teenagers. So lovely to see.

My friend was having difficulty finding a florist within her budget, so I suggested we do the flowers ourselves. We found a rose farm on the bayside of Brisbane and chose the different rose varieties for the bouquets. Shortages in the quantities available meant we had to be creative with the different colours. 

I have to say, how cute is the pic with the dragonfly on one of the flowergirl bouquets! I love that photo so much. It is the groom's daughter in the photo so I can't wait to show him the pics. The dragonfly flew from bouquet to bouquet which gave us time to get the camera out. 

I spent the most part of Friday making the bouquets, something which I had never attempted before. My husband's aunt had some lovely camellia trees which she generously (and I mean generously, I had three big boxes full) pruned for us so that we had some beautiful dark glossy leaves for the flowers. I then picked up 15 dozen roses from the Rose Farm. I had previously bought the rest of the supplies (wire, florist tape, ribbon and pearl tipped florist pins) from Spotlight and apart from the odd rubber band all I needed was a pair of secateurs and a good eye, and some patience to make the bouquets. I planned on taking in progress pics but I didn't have a third hand to take them with!

I admit it was a little more difficult and time consuming than I imagined to make the bouquets (seven in total - one bridal, three bridesmaid and three flowergirl), but I think anyone who is handy or creative could do it. Everyone at the wedding loved them. Loved them. Especially the bride and groom. Yay! I'm so happy I could do this for my friend and her new hubby. 
 

Please excuse my orange cheeks in the last shot, I think the make up artist went a little wild on me with the bronzer!! The whole day was so wonderful, I hope you enjoy the photos.


Farm fresh flowers ready to be made into bouquets

Bridesmaid bouquet and bridal bouquet




Images:  Olive & Joy

10 comments:

  1. So gorgeous - you did a wonderful job! I didn't think the dragonfly was real when I first saw it :)
    Looks like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's real! I wish I had taken a photo with him on the bride's bouquet but he was too quick for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, your style and talent never ceases to amaze me. I didn't think the dragonfly was real either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Jules!! Lovely to see you and Peddy still together after all these years! Hope she had an amazing day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! They are gorgeous bouquets. You are very clever indeed. Lovely photos of you too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work Julie! I would have been so nervous taking on that responsibility, but you pulled it off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My guy and I made our own bouquets for our wedding and it made them so much more special! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job! They are gorgeous bouquets. Looks like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning ... beautiful bride, gorgeous bouquets and you look stunning! I love a wedding ... hope you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bouquets are gorgeous - well done! You both look beautiful too. Congrats to the bride and groom!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comment!